- Visiting Friars Court
- Conferences & Parties
- Boats & Caravans
- Contact Us
- Bookings Calendar
Friars Court has been the family home of the Willmers since 1917. The current Cotswold stone farmhouse has stood on its moated site, close to the River Thames, for over 300 years.
There have been buildings on the site since 1149 when the Monastic Knights of St. John founded the first 'Hospitallery' in Oxfordshire. Here the resident friars would have offered rest and refreshment to the weary medieval traveller.
Today the grounds of Friars Court can be visited during the summer months and we pride ourselves on continuing with this ancient tradition of personal care and service.